Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Do It!

Today, I am sharing with you an idea that came to me when I needed a better way to keep my family organized.  Several people have duplicated it and adjusted it in size and material to fit their needs. This is how I did it:


I purchased 35 clipboards and spray painted them with black chalkboard paint.


I then lined up the boards in 5 rows of 7, and then with vinyl (I have a machine, but you could use a stencil, or print out on the computer) I cut the days of the week and placed them atop the highest row. I used a small piece of wood painted chalkboard black for the months, and outlined a border around it with ribbon. I stuck small squares of 3m dual locking tape (I like it better than velcro, because it all sticks to each other any way) to each board in the bottom right hand corner, and then printed out numbers, cut and laminated them and attached the dual tape to the backs. I finished it off by tying a cute bow on the clips.

I change out the numbers with each month. When we receive invitations, reminders, etc, we just put them on the board and it keeps us on track.


Now, I have a very large wall that accommodated all those boards. If you do not, you could use the miniature clipboards, or you could just do a week calendar. I have one friend that used roofing tiles to create her calendar. Use what works for you! Do it! You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment